POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Confused about "waves" : Re: Confused about "waves" Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confused about "waves"
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Sep 2001 14:18:27
Message: <3ba249f3@news.povray.org>
In article <3ba236a4@news.povray.org> , "Tony[B]" <ben### [at] catholicorg>
wrote:

> Something which I do not see in the docs is an explanation about how to
> properly use 'pattern' in a 'function'. You don't say whether or not it will
> be grayscale. Or maybe I just totally missed it.

Oh, good point.  The documentation kind of assumes you know that the pattern
functions are return a scalar, not a vector, and thus a pattern is
grayscale.  Maybe the docs should explain the difference between pigment and
pattern functions better, in particular for the image-map-function ... Ingo,
are you reading this?

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde